Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mexico Bound !!

Hermana Carr leaves for Mexico !!

Well, Hermana Carr's time at the MTC is coming to an end.  She leaves Monday to fly to Mexico. We received her flight plans and an email from her today letting us know that she will call us Monday morning when she gets to the airport.  We are so excited to talk to her before she boards the plane to leave for the next 17 months.
While she writes that she is nervous to get out in the mission field, she is also super excited.


 Mi Familia, 

Hi there! So this week has been really good, but also sad. It's tough knowing that I have to say goodbye to my district and my whole zone for that matter. It's nice that Hermana Winn and Hermana Ludlam are going to the same mission, so we'll be together, but I will miss everyone else so much! They have become my family. But I am super excited to go the the field. Yesterday was in-field orientation and I loved it! We learned so much and I got to spend the day with RACHEL! She leaves for Kentucky on monday too, so she was at orientation. I saw her on tuesday earlier this week at devotional and we screamed and hugged and just freaked out. I was beyond stoked to see her! Then spending yesterday with her was bomb. I seriously love her so much! Her companion is awesome too.
 But yeah, in-field was amazing! So spiritual, but super long! It was from 8:30am-5:30pm! Long time, but like I said, really really good! I got to meet Elder Christensen from the District. He's way cool. He taught one of our lessons about goal setting and then later Hermana Winn and I just sat and talked with him for a little. He served in San Diego so he told me how much he loves Southern California and wants to live there eventually. I told him I was from Huntington and we bonded over our love for California. He told me he's going to LA for a wedding in December and I got super jealous. But yeah, he's a super cool guy! After orientation, I am definitely more excited to head out to the field. I'm still totally nervous, but I know it will be ok. I just have to be flexible and give myself time to adjust. Your Dear Elders help me so much to focus on the Lord and I thank you for that!

I sent you pictures of my flight plan so you can see what my flight numbers are and what time I leave. I'm thinking I might call twice, once in Salt Lake and once in Houston. I'm thinking of calling around 10:00am and then again between 5:30-6:00pm. Is that ok? I want to talk to all of you, so look for my call! 

Oh! And thank you for the package! I love it! Anything Trader Joe's is ALWAYS welcome! But it's also tough because I was losing weight and now with all the good food that we can keep in our apartment, come 9:00 at night we go crazy! haha. But it's so good!
Family, I love you all so much! I miss and think about you every single day and can't thank you enough for all the support and love you give me! Please keep encouraging me to do the Lord's work! I know the Lord needs me as a servant, but I also know it's really hard to serve. But I must keep in mind that if it wasn't easy for the only perfect missionary, why would it be easy for me? I must do as Christ did and move forward in faith and in love. If I do this and look to Him for help and guidance, I will not fail. I know this. I have such and testimony of this and I can feel how I am being converted to this. I am so blessed to be a missionary. I know that as I teach, I will be taught and edified. God is real. He loves us and wants us to live with Him again. Christ is the Redeemer of the world and through Him, all mankind may be saved. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was translated by Joseph Smith, a true prophet of God. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Christ once again restored on the earth. Of these things I have NO doubt. I love my Heavenly Father and thank Him everyday for my many blessings. I thank Him for you all! I love each and every one of you with all my heart! Remain faithful and loving and He will bless you! 

With all my love forever!
Sarahbeara


Hermana C. and her fellow Mexico bound missionaries

Hermana C. pointing to her home for the next 17 months.

Enjoying lunch with some fellow MTC missionaries

Hermana C. and Sis. N, these two sisters have been best of friends since middle school. One going to Mexico the other to Kentucky. They are going to do great things for the Lord!



Our next update on Hermana Carr will be when she is in Mexico!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment