Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Week 25 and Week 7

The Holidays are upon us!

 As our family celebrated Thanksgiving here at home, our two missionaries celebrated in their own way in their different countries.
This was the first time our family hasn't been together for the holidays. I have to admit it was very hard for me, but we invited the sister missionaries in our ward to share Thanksgiving dinner with us and it was wonderful to have them with us.
We received our weekly email from our daughters and was so happy to once again hear about their week.



ABA (OMG) another super fast week! Can't believe another transfer is over this week LOCO!!! Anyway this week was AYOS!!!!  

First, we celebrated Thanksgiving!! I made Chopsuey and Sunday potatoes and we had rice, we bought a roasted chicken and ice cream haha, it was a Filippino Thanksgiving!!! Doesn't beat being home pero we made it fun! 

Secondly, Sister Caunca and I found out that one of us will be transferring this week. So I will be getting a new companion and maybe a new area...we shall see! 

Thrice!!! We had 5 investigators attend church yesterday!!! It was awesome. Brother Melbert and his wife Janet( who is a less active) attended church with their kids!! Also last night, Sis Caunca and I extended a baptism date for Brother Melbert for Dec 21. He accepted and is a little sad he has to wait so long but that is the date the Lord picked for him. It's a little sad that one of us wont be able to see him get baptized pero we are just excited that it is happening!!! 

I loved the pictures you sent me Mom!! All of my girlies...including you mom, look so Maganda(beautiful) I miss them all so so much!!! please tell them I love them and miss them!!!

And GRABE  Dad your beard is FANTASTIC!!! This is the first time that I am really seeing it and I LOVE IT!!!! All of you look so great!!!!! Katie & Mom you look Gorgeous and Matt you are a stud!!!

I am glad to hear that everything worked out with my accident. I was a little worried.

Anyway...sorry not too much to report this week. 

I just want to encourage you all to keep strengthening your relationship with Heavenly Father!!  Alam ko na totoo yung ebanghelo na ito!!!

My family...I love you and miss you all so much. I think of you everyday and pray that you are always safe happy and healthy!!!!

Oh! so here is something that you can do for me...go to Jolibee and either have a mix-in (if thy have them there) or a chocolate sundae and think of me!! I eat one almost every week after zone studies!!! haha !

My beautiful family, thank you so much for your love and support. I am grateful for all of you and I love you so so so much!!!!!

Be safe in all that you do and have a great week!!! I love you I love you I love you!!

Mahal, 
 Sister Carr
 
 
And Hermana Carr writes....... her first full week in Mexico



Hola Familia!
 
I hope you all had a wonderful week! Thank you for sending the picture! I loved seeing you all so happy!
MATTHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!!!!!!!!! Sixteen, that´s crazy! I hope you had the best day! I miss you and am so proud of you! You´re a priest now, that´s awesome!
 
Can you believe it´s December already? I can´t! That´s nuts! On the 16th of this month, I will have officially been out for two months! Wow! So this week has been good, a lot of learning! It´s been tough because I can´t understand much, but I want to talk. But it´s hard to do that, when I can´t understand what´s happening. Luckily all the members here are SO NICE! They understand I am learning and are so patient with me. I´m so grateful for that!
 
Guess what I did! I bore my testimony in Spanish yesterday during testimony meeting! It was short and simple and I was terrified, but I did it! And I´m so happy! The members are so supportive and willing to help us whenever we need it. They treat us like family and it´s making everything so much easier. It´s still a bit overwhelming. I miss being able to know what´s going on, but I know that will come with time.
 
It´s kinda cool, I am the first American sister missionary to be in Hunucma in a very long time! I feel like a pioneer a little bit. It´s kinda fun to know you are making a difference, but a little scary too. Me and Hermana N. laugh a lot because we get whistled at by the men, but they are harmless. They call me guera, which means white girl. It just makes me laugh because it´s true. I don´t mind. Everyone here is really nice. They have a tough time keeping commitments, but we´ll get them there, I know it! I invited some to baptism and he accepted! YAY! He is scheduled for the 4 of January! He needs to some make some changes before his baptism, but with the help of the Lord, we´ll do it!
 
Oh, by the way, Hermana N. has been out for about 5 months now. She left in July. And we get along great. She is teaching me a lot!
 
Just know that I am safe and working hard. I need a lot of help, and it´s been REALLY hard, but the Lord gives me strength. I know I have a mission to serve, and I´m going to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength! Thank you so much for your e-mails and for your love and support! Katie, you crack me up with your e-mails, keep sending them please! Haha, I want to hear from all of you! I love you all SO MUCH! Please be safe and have a wonderful week!
 
Con todo mi amor siempre,
Sarahbeara 
 
Hermana Carr and her companion and some local children

Missionary apartment....it's VERY white.

Instead of a bed the missionaries sleep in hammocks. This is one thing that our daughter was very excited to experience.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment