Tuesday, September 10, 2013


 From Chipotle to ......Balut!! 

 

 Ok, well another week has passed and we received another letter from our missionary. We always look forward to Sundays, knowing that we will be able to read her emails and get updates on life in the "Pines"
Anyone who knew AJ before her mission knew what a discerning palate she had. In other words she could be an extremely picky eater. She's been that way since she started eating solid foods!!

So, needless to say we were shocked and a little amused when we read that she had ate Balut. If you don't know what Balut is, here the official definition:

A balut or balot is a developing duck embryo that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. They are common food in countries in Southeast Asia, such as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Wikipedia
 
 Yep! our daughter ate this!! Don't ask me how, but she was pretty proud of herself.   I guess when in the Philippines, you eat as a Filipino!! 
 
 
 WOW!!! I can't believe it's already been another week! Well this week is transfer week so that means I have already made it through my first transfer!!!! Woo hoo!!! I am loving it!!  Top events or event this week...I ATE BALUT!!!!  It wasn't as bad as I thought...I filmed me eating it...it's pretty funny!!! I will send it to you!!

So, this week has been great! yesterday Sister Merrill and I had two less actives come church and we met a young man named Gilbert who was taught 10 years ago by missionaries and at the time wasn't ready to be baptized but now he says he is!! So, we will see what happens!! 

I am so glad everyone is doing well. I miss you all so much!!! This week I have been really missing the U.S. Maybe it's because transfers are this week and they were some elders in my zone who left yesterday and are going back to the states?? Anyway there really is not that much to tell except I ate Balut!! We had a pretty decent storm yesterday, oh and my body is just taking a beating. 
I twisted my ankle pretty good a couple of weeks ago and I thought it would be fine by now but it isn't so it's wrapped right now and I have been icing it so hopefully it gets better. 

Also my skin got so bad from all the sweating and all the dirt and smog and cigarette smoke.. blahhh I would be surprised if I don't end up with the black lung!! But, it's starting to heal. Sister Monahan bought me some cetaphil and cream for my skin so it's doing better. 

So Sarah, Sister Merrill and I are going to write down tips/advice about missions and sent it to you next week!!! 

Katie!! have you heard anything about the comso program?? let me know!!

Matt!!!! how is school & football? keep me posted on all your games!!!

Mom & Dad I hope work is going well for both of you guys!!! keep me updated on what is going on!!

Well I am going to try to send some pics so I will end this email!!! I love you all so so so much. I hope you all know that!!! I miss you all dearly but I am happy and loving it here!!!! Talk to you soon!
 
OH! AND NEXT WEEK I AM GOING TO BE ON SOONER SO BE READY AND MAYBE WE CAN DO A CHAT!!!!
 
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!
SISTER CARR 


All I keep thinking is....I can't wait to see that video she took of her eating Balut!!!! But, we were excited to get these pictures that she sent!

Celebrating her companions Bday at a church members home

The Bukid (rice field) before the rain

The Bukid (rice field) after the rain

Sister Carr on her way to a investigators house. The house is in the background.

Playing with the kids

Urdaneta Zone talent show = Sister Hipster Carr






 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment