Monday, August 5, 2013

First letter from Sister Carr in the Philippines!

My first week and I'm loving It Here!! 


Hello Ina and Ama!!!
 Yes I am doing really really well. My adapting to the Philippines is going actually a lot better than expected.  I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!

Yep, this was the first email we received from Sister Carr. You can imagine our sadness, after waiting all week to hear from our daughter and find out how she is doing in the Philippines and all we got was a 2 sentence email. 
I was praying that we would get more, and finally after about 15 minutes of staring at my emails another letter popped up!!

Hello Ina at Ama!
Yes I am doing SO well!! I LOVE IT HERE!!!! really I do.  Ya it is hard cause my kasama and I are opening a new area. I am still in Urdaneta City and will be here till October! But I love it!!  The people are awesome, the language is hard but I know more than what I thought.  

My kasama is Sister Merrill! She is awesome I LOVE her!! She is from Utah and has been out 10 months.  We get a long great and everyday is a new adventure cause neither of us know the area.  Pero we live with the Sister Training Leaders and they know the area so that;s nice. Also, in my ward, the Urdaneta 2nd ward we have 4 companionships of sisters!! Yup 8 Sisters in 1 ward!!! Its awesome!!! 

Something funny I get stared at ALL THE TIME!!!! and everyday I have someone ask me what is wrong with my skin.  The Filipinos think my freckles are a rash. hahaha 

Oh and mom the sister I took a pic with in the airport is the mom of one of the elders in my first district! Sister Finnman, her son is in Naga.

I am truly loving it, the heat is DEATH, but I am adjusting well.  I am just battling home sickness. All I want is for you guys to be safe.  I NEED MY WHOLE FAMILY TO BE SAFE AND WELL!!! So please please be safe.  And I am doing the same here. So please pray that Heavenly Father will keep you safe.  

So, as far as packages go Sis M told me to tell you mom to use "strappy" tape.  It's the clear tape that has string on the inside of it.  She says to use it because sometimes people open the boxes and take things and then just tape back up with the clear tape that they have cause most people use clear tape.  So don't use clear tape. Also on the box write "GIFT" so than I won't have to pay a tax. Also write on the box what it contains ex. snacks, personal items, just basic words that describe what is in it just don't put technology, medications.  

Also I should let you know that my carry on bag got miss placed.  I had it in front of the office on Friday morning at the mission home and when the elders were putting bags in cars they forgot that one and I completely forgot until I got home.  Inside was all my Doterra oil stuff, some of my language study materials, my first aid kit, my peanut M&M's ): and a couple other things.  So please pray that it is returned to me. 

So, so far this all I can think of to have you send me:

-toilet paper
-think thin bars...the almond chocolate kind if possible
-deodorant..super cheap kind
-zip lock bags
-coconut oil

Yup I think that is it.  I Love you both so much mom and dad. And it's so hard cause my heart is with you guys when it needs to be here. I just need you to be safe cause I don't know what I would do if something happened to you guys while I was away.  So please please please be safe.  I love my family more than words can possibly explain. Give everyone a hug and kiss for me.

I love you I love you I love you.

Mahal,
Sister Carr

Ps I will try to send picture next week!!!!!
Sister Carr and with other new arrivals

Off the bus....and the adventure begins!

The new sister missionaries

What a beautiful group of young ladies

Ready to leave to their first areas

 
Sister Carr and her kasama Sister Merrill



Our hearts are full as we see pictures of our daughter in her new home (at least her home for the next 16 months). We are grateful for her safe arrival to the Philippines, we are grateful that while she has admitted to being a little homesick she is adjusting well to her new surroundings. We are grateful that she likes her new kasama(companion), we are extremely grateful that she is so far happy and healthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment